Friday, July 24, 2009

8th at Buck Hill!

Pretty stoked about it. I was determined to get a good start last night and started in the front row. Dropped the hammer at the gun and really pushed it. Was 5th going into the hill traverses and feeling good about it--almost in unbelief. My legs were hurting though and heart was maxed. I knew it would be tough to keep that pace. I stay with the top guys through a good part of the first lap but they just kept pulling away.
On lap three I was still in 5th when my front wheel skewer came open. Had to pull over to fiddle with it and a guy passed. Another caught back up to me that we had passed earlier. Then I was off my flow a bit. Ended giving up those last two spots but still felt like a strong finish.
Cool. Looking forward to next week now to do it again.

No comments: