Sunday, November 8, 2009

year end slow down & season recap

I can feel the year shutting down. Holiday Season will be hear before I know it and I'm looking forward to skiing. After the last race I literally didn't touch my bike for about 6 weeks. Just the last few weekends I've been getting out for a few rides on borrowed mountain bikes and my road bikes. Good thing too cause I was on the verge of really getting lazy and, um, squishy in the middle.

On a quick season recap, I feel good overall about my finishing up my 1st expert season. Fitness definitely improved but has a long way to go to break into the top 10 on a consistent basis.

Many many bike & equipment drama issues that I don't want to revisit. In summary, ordered bike in February, received bike in May after race #1, broke frame mid season and waited for replacement forever, then had frame completely recalled at season end so that I get to missed riding for fun in the fall. Missed or rode an unfamiliar borrowed bike for 4 races. Awesome!

Back to a positive note, I broke the top 100 for the Chequamegon Fat Tire race. Stoked about that. Just crushed my time from 2007 by 17 minutes.

Bib # Overall Division Age Gender Finish Time Event
1203 95 84 11 93 02:22:06.4 Chequamegon 40

For the last race of the MNSCS series I finished 11th overall and accomplished my goal for the year of getting paid at least once. Granted it wasn't as big a turnout as some of the races but, I showed up, raced hard, and made at least my entry fee back.

I'm already noodling plans for next year. New training schedule, new bike (maybe), new goals. Getting excited again already.

No comments: