Friday, April 18, 2008

PCR Training Ride

On Wednesday I made it to my first (of many) PCR training rides.  Friggin' windy out but I was feeling good.  I was worried cause I had been to the gym that morning and my trainer just wrecked me.  I go to Discovery Strength.  Awesome.  30 minutes of sadistic hell actually.  They push each set to failure and then make you do another rep.  It sounds awful cause it is but it works.

Anyway, I felt surprisingly good and even kept up with Brad.  That guy is a freak.  I'm not sure how old he is but he can take it to any body I've seen on a skinny bike.

Cooliest thing about the ride, well, two actually.  We went out to Woodbury from Birchwood Cafe.  On the out the wind was at our backs and we were cruising at 30mph.  On one stretch, I had gone back to pull a team mate up to the group but he was fried and told me to leave him.  So I took off  to catch, who else, but Brad.  I was seriously flying at 30mph on my own and my HR was dropping.  Yes, it was windy.  Oh ya, we had to ride back in that.  It sucked.

The other thing that happened was when Brad and I got back into St. Paul (we were the only two left) we caught a bunch from the Birchwood team just before the Ramsey hill.  Brad looks at me and says, "Oh ya, Birchwood.  We gotta take em' up the hill."  It was cool.  We had to sprint up to them cause' of a stoplight and caught them at the base.  My legs were going but Brad cruised up the hill past almost everyone and kept going.  I trailed them to the top but at the crest when everyone was fryied I dropped the hammer, hard.  I wasn't really trying to be an ass but, hey, I had to catch my ride home.  Brad was like 100 yrds up.
It was fun.  Dropped em all like a brick.  When I finnnnnally caught Brad he's like, "ya, that's how we ride." or something profound I was too tired to remember. 
BT

No comments: