Monday, June 15, 2009

racing is going well as can be expected

So far my race results are OK, not where I'd like them to be but acceptable considering my 1st year with the "fast guys" in expert.

Finished 11th and 8th so far at Buck Hill with my bike. Something south of there with a bike I borrowed. Buck is a great training race and I love that the same guys come out each week so I can gauge my progress or lack there of.

Afton was brutal. I can climb I guess but it is not my favorite. That seems obvious but some sickos out there live for the climb. My legs get burnt out carrying my 180lb a$$ & not so light bike up those steeps at Afton. Finally wused out and had to use my granny / granny gear on Manhandler the last two times. It takes a long time to get up that when you only move 1 foot for every pedal stroke--geez. Finished 6th age and 18th overall.

www.skinnyski.com





No comments: