Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cable Classic

Had a lot of fun this past weekend in Cable.  Eight of us rented a condo at Lakewoods and it worked out great. So nice to hang out on Friday night and still get a descent night sleep with time in the morning for breakfast and race prep.
This was my first race of the season AND first one on my single speed.


I love the bike.  Now I just need to teach my thighs to love a single speed.  I'm still used to dropping the hammer on the fire roads and flats with a big ring and spinning up hills.
The start was fast as always on the long fire road roll out.  I wish I'd had a cadence sensor--it would have said 32 x 17 wasn't enough.  By the end though my legs were cramping on several hard switchback climbs.  This bike will make me stronger but I still can't wait for my Jet to be done.
Speaking of, lil' Mikey got his last week so mine should be here any day now.  Hopefully before the first series race or I need to go find myself about a 40 tooth ring for up front.

No comments: